Supporter Code of Conduct
- Remember that children participate in sport for their enjoyment, not yours.
- Encourage children to participate, do not force them.
- Focus on the child’s efforts and performance rather than winning or losing.
- Encourage children always to play according to the rules and to settle disagreements without resorting to hostility or violence.
- Develop your knowledge of the rules.
- Never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or losing a game.
- Remember that children learn best from example. Appreciate good performances and skilful play by all participants.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities.
- Do not approach an umpire at any stage during or after the game.
- Respect officials’ decision and teach children to do likewise. If you disagree with an umpire or coach raise the issue through the appropriate channels rather than question their judgment and honesty in public.
- Show appreciation for volunteer coaches, officials & administrators. Without them, your child could not participate.
- Be courteous in communication with administrators, coaches, players and umpires. Teach children to be courteous as well.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Do not call out coaching comments/ directions from the sideline during a game. eg. defend your player, set up the area defence, throw to the GS. Only the designated Coach / Assistant Coach may call out coaching comments from the sideline.
- Do call out encouragement and support from the sideline during a game eg. great shot, awesome intercept, work hard, good defence, Go Team!!
- Encourage your child to advise you of any problems or cases which they find upsetting or distressing. Request that they speak to you if there is a
- problem with an administrator, coach, umpire or spectator.
- Be a good role model of sportsmanship.
Registration of your child/children deems that you have read and understood this policy and will abide by it as a guardian of a member of Redbacks Netball Club